Monday, November 16, 2009

Hobbes, Xena and Mack take on the Dog Tornado







     We are back from the land of the flu and we're itching to try some new toys!  Before we jump into the newness I wanted to see how my reviewers here at home would fare with the Dog Tornado toy by Nina Ottosson. 
     If you recall the Tornado was no match for Kirah Lopez.  I received the Dog Smart blocks that make the toy more difficult from Paw Lickers (http://www.pawlickers.com/).  More on Kirah's experience with the revised Tornado later.
     My review team was immediately interested in the Tornado.  It seemed to be a hit with both the cat and dog team members.  Even Hobbes the greyhound was excited, although less so when the Tornado was filled with his regular kibble.  Mack the cat held his own with Xena the whippet and they exhibited the kind of interspecies cooperation that warms a mother's heart.   My reviewers would rate this toy Excellent for playability although I would have to say that after the first couple of rounds they needed a bit more of a challenge.  Again the toy has Excellent durability if used properly with supervised play.  Safety is also Excellent if used properly.  Placing it on a non skid surface such as a mat or rug will stabilize the Tornado, making it less likely to carom about your floor.  Again, be careful not to drop the toy on anything that you would mind injuring.
     The next step is to increase the degree of difficulty for my reviewers.  I anticipate that the Dog Smart blocks may pose a problem for the cats!




1 comment:

  1. I saw that little piece of kibble, and I was rooting for them. What fun!

    ReplyDelete